About Sanoma Learning
Digitalisation changes the learning experience. Learning is no longer tied to any specific place or device, and learning paths are becoming individual. The transformation calls for new kinds of solutions to meet the needs of teachers, learners and their parents. What we have to offer is a job in which you can be part of making a dent in an industry. We have the vision and you know how to implement it. Let’s work together to develop something new!
Sanoma Learning Kampus Team develops a cloud-native platform for Secondary Education. The platform is used by thousands of teachers and learners on a daily basis.
Sanoma Learning is the leading European learning company, serving over 20 million students in eleven countries. Our learning products and services enable teachers to develop the talents of every child to reach their potential.
We are now looking for a
to join our Kampus Team, Sanoma Learning.
The development team is international and consists of enthusiastic and talented developers. We are looking for a software developer to be part one of our development Scrum Teams. You can be either a more experienced developer looking for new challenges or a skilled developer at the beginning of your career with motivation and curiousity to learn.
The role can be modified according to your level of expertise and interests. Depending on your skills and background, you can start from frontend or backend development (or both!) right away.
General skills and characteristics we value
- A DevOps mindset.
- Passion for building secure, scalable, high-availability solutions.
- Experience from working with real customer-facing web applications and understanding how typical modern web applications work.
- Previous experience from agile methodologies (Scrum, SAFe…).
- Fluent communication and documentation skills in English. Finnish is considered a plus.
- Suitable (preferably technical) university degree.
As an ideal candidate you have experience from
- Previous experience from agile methodologies.
- Working with cloud infrastructures (we use AWS as our cloud platform) and DevOps.
- We appreciate if you understand modern architecture models such as Micro Services, Serverless Architecture and Event-driven Architecture.
- It is also considered a plus if you have an interest in security.
What we offer
- Opportunities for meaningful growth and continuous personal and professional development in the growing field of Secondary Learning application development.
- Organisation with low hierarchal structures and an open work culture that encourages Sanoma values: engage others, share views, look ahead and make it happen.
- International team setup and collaboration with colleagues across the Nordics and Northern Europe.
- Central office location in our modern facilities in Ruoholahti, Helsinki. If you wish, you will also be able to work remotely part of the week.
- An extra week of holidays, lunch, sports and cultural benefits, as well as occupational healthcare services are provided.
Interested? Please get in touch and send your CV or LinkedIn profile URL soonest possible to Henrico Digital’s recruitment consultant Minna Kruhse (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Sanoma Learning is part of Sanoma, an innovative and agile learning and media company, impacting the lives of millions of people every day.