Nordea is the largest financial services group in the Nordic region and one of the biggest banks in Europe. We are a full-service universal bank and the third largest corporation in the Nordic region and one of the top 10 financial services companies in Europe based on market capitalisation. We are present in 17 countries, including our four Nordic home markets which together constitute the 10th largest economy in the world.
We are now looking for an experienced
Senior Analytics and BI Developer
to join Nordea’s Databases and Reporting team, where we are delivering the future Data & Analytics solutions. We deliver on multiple data platforms as well as on many enterprise and self-service data integration and analytical platforms.
The business end-users are analysts and managers in trading/sales, risk and finance, within our capital markets and treasury front-, middle- and back offices and group risk. The solutions developed by the team span across intraday interactive dashboards, semantic layers and paginated reports. Common use cases are related to trading and sales activity, cost/price analysis, management and performance reporting, finance and risk reports and control processes.
Your responsibilities include
- Lead developer on our Microsoft Analysis Services implementation (hands on development + technical coaching of other developers)
- Proactively engaging stakeholders through clear communication, managing their understanding, expectations and involvement
- Actively demonstrating focus on business requirements and understanding of the complete Data & Analytics delivery value chain
- Analysing requirements and define overall implementation specifications and solutions design together with architects and developers
- Modelling and profiling of large data volumes, real time data and incremental data
- Validating and optimising solution from a requirement fulfilment perspective as well as from a technical perspective
- Maintain and define best practices, design patterns and ensure quality and stability of our overall solutions
- Recommendations about platform/tool selections, information architecture and governance
As an ideal candidate you have
- 5+ years’ experience in BI & Analytics as an developer
- Solid experience and track record developing MS Analysis Services / Power BI solutions
- Academic degree in software engineering or quantitative field as math or physics
- Strong communication skills, ability build bridges between business and IT
- Advantage knowing Microsoft SSIS, Spark, Kafka, Java, Python
- Ability to take responsibility and feel a strong ownership of your design and your solutions
- An outgoing and service minded attitude. You’re a team player and possess good communication and command of written and oral English.
What we offer
- The opportunity to work with international teams and in close cooperation with business stakeholders and end-users in an inspiring working environment.
- Many opportunities to advance your career and expand your skills both in business and in IT
- Agile work methods in small teams
- Experience to work with a large amount of data
- Hybrid flexible model between working onsite and remotely. Our office is in the middle of Helsinki City center
- Our best effort to take good care of the whole Nordea family
Read more about Nordea at https://www.nordea.com/en
Please submit your application soonest possible, but no later than March 20th to Henrico Digital’s recruiting consultant Andreas Ögård email@example.com . We will start the interview process with suitable candidates right away.
The chosen candidate will be subjected to a Security Clearance done by Finnish Security and Intelligence Service (Supo).