Sanoma Learning is the leading European learning company, serving over 20 million students in eleven countries. Our learning products and services enable teachers to develop the talents of every child to reach their potential.
We offer printed and digital learning materials as well as digital learning and teaching platforms for primary, secondary and vocational education, and aim to grow our business across Europe.
Sanoma Learning’s Secondary Education Development Team focuses on creating a cloud-native e-learning platform for secondary education. The platform is used by thousands of teachers and students on daily basis. Our business is growing and scaling up, meaning our team needs to grow quickly.
We are therefore looking for an experienced
to join our Secondary Education Development team in Helsinki.
In this new key position, you will be responsible for ensuring that Secondary Education DevOps teams are run efficiently and coherently across Sanoma Learning’s organisation. You will also steer our 3rd parties, both internal and external, who provide us with optimal technical and functional support.
You will be responsible for
- Defining and executing operational processes for Secondary Education Technology, defining KPIs and ensuring they are met.
- Operationally managing all applications/systems that are included in the Agile Release Train in close collaboration with DevOps and other teams.
- Ensuring operational quality and reliability based on a quality plan/roadmap.
- Ensuring contractual agreements with vendors are in place and Service Level Agreements (SLA) with external partners are met by implementing service improvement operations, conducting performance reporting and running periodical SLA reviews.
- Ensuring Operational Level Agreements (OLA) are set up to enable a smooth collaboration between all Sanoma Learning partners.
- Preparing, monitoring and reporting budgets to ensure a sound and healthy Secondary Education Technology operation.
As an ideal candidate you would have
- Thorough knowledge and expertise from IT operations, business continuity, and platform management, e.g. understanding IT service management (ITIL) principles.
- Experience from coordinating activities with external partners and suppliers, managing SLA’s and coordinating activities with DevOps teams.
- Demonstrated ability from identifying opportunities for continuous (process) improvement and new process implementation.
- Experience from working with cloud infrastructure (e.g. AWS) and DevOps.
- Interest in working with internal high-level stakeholders, whilst motivating, inspiring and influencing others, across our international organisation.
- Self-starter and flexible customer service-oriented mindset equipped with good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Very good command of English language (both written and spoken). Finnish considered a plus.
- Suitable (preferably technical) university degree.
What we offer
- Opportunities for meaningful growth and continuous personal and professional development in the growing field of Secondary Learning application development.
- Organisation with low hierarchal structures and an open work culture that encourages Sanoma values: engage others, share views, look ahead and make it happen.
- International team setup and collaboration with colleagues across the Nordics and Northern Europe.
- Central office location in our modern facilities in Ruoholahti, Helsinki. If you wish, you will also be able to work remotely part of the week.
- An extra week of holidays, lunch, sports and cultural benefits, as well as occupational healthcare services are provided.
Sanoma Learning is part of Sanoma, an innovative and agile learning and media company, impacting the lives of millions of people every day. For more information: www.sanoma.com / www.sanomalearning.com.
Interested? Please submit your application soonest possible, but no later than August 16th to Henrico Digital’s Client Director Minna Kruhse firstname.lastname@example.org . We will start the interview process with suitable candidates right away.