Have you ever dreamed of building a SaaS product for hundreds of thousands to millions of users? Every day, our technology helps organisations to master their human resources data and to automate their HR processes, enabling businesses to concentrate on their most valuable asset: People! Our Engineering hubs are in Lahti (Finland), Vantaa (Finland) and Gdansk (Poland). Sympa is the fastest growing HR solution provider in the Nordics.
We are now looking for an experienced
Engineering Team Manager, Software Product Development
to carry a key role in the Engineering organization. Through your own positive attitude you will lead and coach our 35-member Engineering team towards success. You’re an important part of the Engineering management team and we expect you to make high-level decisions and help provide the direction that helps make Sympa a global HR solution. The position is located either in Vantaa or in Lahti.
On top of the line management duties, the responsibilities will vary a lot within the software development activities such as engineering and escalation management, agile coaching and streamlining processes and activities.
It’s people and quality what is in the heart of this business. Your primary responsibilities are the wellbeing and professional development of our talents in the Engineering team as well as recruiting new Software Developers and QA talents together with our HR and Talent Acquisition Team. Due to the fast growth in our business, the demand for new talents has become very evident.
Your responsibilities include
- Ensuring that people in the Engineering team are feeling good and appreciated as well as guiding and supporting all our talents to grow
- Leadership of Software Development teams by clearing out blockers and ensuring that the development of the teams is optimal and follows agreed development standards
- Agile coaching towards efficient and high-quality software development
- Line management responsibility for software development talents
- Driving improvement projects inside the Engineering organization
- Taking the lead to manage incidents and support cases
- Management with focus on budgets, timetables and resource planning as well as budgeting and cost control responsibilities
- Planning, coordinating and supporting our software development and test automation talents to follow guidelines set by Sympa architects
- Leading towards the Engineerging KPIs: Create, update, maintain and follow-up
- Setting goals and monitoring team performance according to goals towards company / department objectives
- Recruiting software development talents in cooperation with HR and the Talent Acquisition Team
- Managing and negotiating necessary contracts
- Building a strong culture of teamwork and collaboration
- Challenging your problem-solving skills every day in a flexible and agile working culture
As an ideal candidate we value
- Sympa thrives on teamwork – You are a strong team player! You have great leadership skills and a true desire for leadership
- 5+ years of leadership experience in software/information technology industry
- Strong experience of agile working methods in software development
- Good knowledge on DevOps principles and culture
- Great troubleshooting skills and an ability to motivate team performance
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good knowledge of software development in general. Preferably you have a background as a developer.
- Cloud development knowledge. We are in Azure at the moment.
- Fluency in English, other languages are considered a plus
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science/ Engineering or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
What we offer
- The chance to be part of an awesome team in a relaxed, yet committed, international work atmosphere
- A chance to develop yourself professionally and leave your mark in the development of an internationally recognized HR solution software
- Interesting and challenging role in a SaaS company with fast international growth striving with agility of a small business where decisions are made fast
- Flat hierarchy and flexible work culture where everyone who works at Sympa is truly valued for themselves and for their skills
- Hybrid working environment with a flexible schedule with time for your family and friends. In addition to enjoying our work we also value our spare time
- Occupational healthcare services
- Other company benefits: Lunch, parking, excercise, culture, office allowance and bike
- Our best effort to take good care of the whole Sympa family
- Hybrid workplace location at our offices in Vantaa or Lahti (Finland) and an opportunity to work remotely
Please submit your LinkedIn URL or CV soonest possible, but no later than by 6th of Feb to Henrico Digital’s ICT Recruitment Consultant Andreas Ögård (email@example.com). We will start interviews with suitable candidates right away.
Read more about Sympa at www.sympa.com